Publications - Narayan, Kirin
Please contact this author at Kirin.Narayan@anu.edu.au for other publications information.
- Narayan, K (2009). Stirring up Ethnography: Beyond the Finished Text Etnofoor. Vol. 21 61-78.
- Narayan, K (2008). Showers of Flowers: A.K. Ramanujan and an Indian Folktale Jung Journal: Culture and Psyche. Vol. 2 May-23.
- Narayan, K (2008). The Ascetic Practice of Eating Sweets: Transcribing Oral Narrative Intervalles. Vol. II2-III1 597-606.
- Narayan, K (2008). Or in Other Words: Recasting Grand Theory Journal of Folklore Research. Vol. 45 83-90.
- Narayan, K (2012). Alive in the Writing: Crafting Ethnography in the Company of Chekhov . Chicago and London: University of Chicago Press.
- Narayan, K (2013). Pahari Paintings and Kangra Women's Songs. In Mahesh Sharma and Padma Kaimal (Ed.), Indian Painting: Themes, Histories, Interpretations | Essays in Honour of B. N. Goswamy (pp. 296-307) India: Mapin Publishing.
- Narayan, K (2012). Local Boons: The Many Lives of Family Stories. In Maureen Perkins (Ed.), Locating Life Stories: Beyond East-West binaries in (auto)biographical studies (pp. 239-258) Honolulu, USA: University of Hawaii Press.
- Narayan, K & George, K (2012). Stories About Getting Stories: Interactional Dimensions in Folk and Personal Narrative Research. In Jaber F Gubrim, James A Holstein, Amir B. Marvasti, Karyn D. McKinney (Ed.), The SAGE Handbook of Interview Research (pp. 511-524) California: SAGE Publications Inc..
- Narayan, K (2010). Placing Lives through Stories: Second Generation South Asian Americans. In Diane P Mines and Sarah Lamb (Ed.), Everyday Life in South Asia (pp. 472-486) Bloomington and Indianapolis, USA: Indiana University Press.
- Narayan, K (2008). Singing and Retelling the Past. In William Schneider (Ed.), Living with Stories: Telling, Retelling and Remembering (pp. 74-94) Logan, Utah: Utah State University.
- Narayan, K (2008). Stella Stories. In Frank De Caro (Ed.), The Folklore Muse: Poetry, Fiction and Other Reflections by Folklorists (pp. 244) Utah: Utah State University Press.
- Narayan, K (2007). Moving Stories: Beyond the Local in Ethnography and Fiction. In K Robinson (Ed.), Asian and Pacific Cosmopolitans: Self and Subject in Motion (pp. 60-77) Basingstoke UK: Palgrave Macmillan Ltd.