Publications - Minford, John
Please contact this author at John.Minford@anu.edu.au for other publications information.
- Minford, J (2011). Bizarre Circuses, Barbaric Costumes: Hong Kong and the Aspirations of Translation Journal of Modern Literature in Chinese. Vol. 10 Oct-35.
- Minford, J (2010). Draft Sketches from a Tientsin Journal (1980-82) China Heritage Quarterly. Vol. 21 online.
- Minford, J (2007). Books Hidden Away China Heritage Quarterly. Vol. tba .
- Minford, J (2008). Islands and Continents: Short Stories by Leung Ping-Kwan . Hong Kong: Hong Kong University Press.
- Minford, J (2006). Strange Tales from a Chinese Studio by Liaozhai Zhiyi, edited and translated by John Minford . London, New York: Penguin Group.
- Minford, J (2003). A Birthday Book for Brother Stone: for David Hawkes, at Eighty . Hong Kong: Chinese University Press.
- Minford, J (2014). Cáo Xueqín. In Kerry Brown (Ed.), Berkshire Dictionary of Chinese Biography (pp. 1098-1112) United States of America: Berkshire Publishing Group.
- Minford, J (2012). Preface to the Bilingual Edition of The Story of the Stone. In Fan Shengyu (Ed.), The Story of the Stone: A Chinese Novel by Cao Xueqin. Volume 1 The Golden Days (pp. 1-Mar) United Kingdom: Penguin Books.
- Minford, J (2012). Truth and Fiction in the Translating of The Story of the Stone. In Andrew Schonebaum and Tina Lu (Ed.), Approaches to Teaching The Story of the Stone (Dream of the Red Chamber) (pp. 334-345) New York: Modern Language Association of America.
- Minford, J (2012). A Tribute to Brother Stone. In Tao Tao Liu, Laurence K. P. Wong, Chan Sin-Wai (Ed.), Style, Wit and Word-Play: Essays in Translation Studies in Memory of David Hawkes (pp. Jan-14) Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Minford, J (2010). Foreword. In (Ed.), The Dream of the Red Chamber by Cao Xueqin (pp. xi-xxii) United States: Periplus.