Publications - Lepani, Katherine
Please contact this author at Katherine.Lepani@anu.edu.au for other publications information.
- Lepani, K (2010). Moving toward sexual citizenship in the response to HIV HIV Australia. Vol. 8 21-23.
- Lepani, K (2010). The Meaning of Whitemen: race and modernity in the Orokaiva cultural world Oceania. Vol. 80 114-115.
- Lepani, K (2009). Book Review: The Collectors of Lost Souls: Turning Kuru Scientists into Whitemen Oceania. Vol. 79 87-88.
- Lepani, K (2008). Mobility, violence and the gendering of HIV in Papua New Guinea Australian Journal of Anthropology, The. Vol. 19 150-64.
- Lepani, K (2007). Sovasova and the problem of sameness: Converging interpretive frameworks for making sense of HIV and AIDS in the Trobriand Islands. Oceania. Vol. 77 Dec-28.
- Lepani, K (2006). Book review: Decolonising the Mind:the impact of the University on culture and identity in Papua New Guinea, 1971-74, by Ulli Beier Journal of Pacific History. Vol. 41 114-115.
- Lepani, K (2004). Book Review: Conceiving Cultures: Reproducing People and Places on Nuakata, Papua New Guinea Asia Pacific Journal of Anthropology, The. Vol. tba 287-90.
- Lepani, K (2012). Islands of Love, Islands of Risk: Culture and HIV in the Trobriands . Nashville, USA: Vanderbilt University Press.
- Lepani, K (2010). Steady with custom: Mediating HIV prevention in the Trobriand Islands, Papua New Guinea. In D A Herring & A C Swedlund (Ed.), Plagues and Epidemics: Infected Spaces Past and Present (pp. 305-322) Oxford: Berg Publishers.
- Lepani, K (2008). Fitting condoms on culture: rethinking approaches to HIV prevention in the Trobriand Islands of Papua New Guinea. In Richard Eves and Leslie Butt (Ed.), Making Sense of Aids: Culture, Sexuality and Power in Melanesia (pp. 246-66) Honolulu: University of Hawaii Press.